“Where Champions Live On”
The Powys Sports Hall of Fame was inspired by the realisation that we don’t always remember and celebrate our past sporting achievement as much as we should. The Hall of Fame will provide an opportunity to look back on the champions our County has produced, whilst simultaneously inspiring the next generation.
"So how does it work?"
- The Hall of Fame will exist as a website and new members will be inducted on an annual basis.
- The first members will be inducted in 2017 at the annual area sports awards nights.
- Members of the hall of fame will be selected by a panel.
- Nominations for induction can be made by anyone, using the appropriate form that is available at the Hall.
- Successful nominations are expected to be supported with as much biographical and sporting background as possible, including the loan of material that may be required for display. Photocopies of newspaper clippings, certificates etc. are acceptable for research purposes but not for display.
Criteria for consideration:
- An individual either born or educated in Powys, or who has spent the majority of their sporting life residing in Powys.
- An individual who has represented Wales or Great Britain at senior international level.
- An individual who has sustained a high level of performance, either individually or as part of a team, over a period of time.
- An individual who as a coach or manager has achieved success in World class sport.
- An official or referee that has officiated at World class sporting events.
- An individual that has been retired from active international competition for a minimum of three years.