About the Partnership
The Brecknock & Radnor Sports Partnership (BRSP) is a membership organisation that was established in July 2010 after the merger of the Brecknockshire & Radnorshire District Sports Councils. The new Partnership aims to be more efficient and effective at delivering services to clubs, schools and any organisation involved with sport and physical activity in Brecknock & Radnor. The BRSP’s four main aims are:
1. Increase participation in sport and physical activity;
2. Help talented athletes fulfil their potential;
3. Recognise and reward talented athletes and key volunteers;
4. Lobby on behalf of the interests of sport & physical activity in the Brecknock and Radnor area.
Membership of the BRSP is gained via an annual affiliation fee, payable by cheque or by standing order. One of the Partnership’s first tasks was to try and provide an improved range of benefits for affiliated groups, which are listed below.
1. Entry to quarterly prize draw : 1st prize £60; 2nd prize £40; 3rd prize £25;
2. Eligible to apply for new Sports Project Grant - £150;
3. Discounted fees for First Aid and Coach Development courses run by Powys County Council Sports Development Unit;
4. Access to free advice, guidance and support on issues affecting your sport club or group.
5. Inclusion on distribution list for sports development updates regarding funding, courses, events, news etc.
6. Club contact details listed on Partnership website.
7. Invites to Partnership meetings and access to minutes.
In addition to these direct benefits, groups can also benefit indirectly by supporting the Partnership’s work throughout Brecknock & Radnor. For example, the Partnership coordinates the Annual Sports Personality Awards, which benefits sport in the area in many different ways. The Partnership also operates a small grant scheme for local athletes that are in a Welsh squad or ranked in the top 20 in Wales in their sport.
Affiliation forms and Small Grant forms are available from the Secretary.
All members are encouraged to attend the quarterly meetings that are held at Builth Wells RFC’s clubhouse. Members can also contact the Secretary (Matt James) directly, with enquiries, proposals or issues relevant to the BRPS’s four main aims.
Secretary’s Contact Details